Be a part of the sustainable food revolution! Learn how your food habits and daily choices are affecting your health and that of the planet. Gain the skills and knowledge to make your diet more healthy and sustainable. After completing the course you will be able to:
- Explain what is at stake: how your food choices affect your health and the environment?
- Make better food choices that consider both human and planetary well-being
- Identify ways in which changing your diet makes a positive impact
- Develop a personal sustainable and healthy diet plan or project
The course will help you take action to counter climate change and lead a sustainable and healthy lifestyle!
The course at a glance
- Our Choices Matter: How the way we consume and produce food affects our health and the planet.
2. Better Farming: Why should we pay attention to farming methods?
3. Buying Food Locally: Why should we care where our food comes from?
4. Is Processed Food Bad?: Is processed food always unhealthy?
5. Reading the Labels: How to get the right information for a better food choice?
6. Food Waste and Packaging: When is packaging necessary, when and how can it be avoided?
7. Changing Eating Habits: How to change eating habits for a healthier, sustainable lifestyle?
8. My Plate, My Pledge: What will you do to improve your health and that of the planet?
After completing the course you will get a certificate. All you need to do is complete all 7 videos, factsheets and activities, as well as choose your sustainable food pledge before the certificate becomes automatically available to download.
You can keep track of your progress and download your certificate under the “Certification” tab on the main course page.
Special thanks to Danone for the support in realizing this course.
This course (video) is made available for educational purposes only.
It aims to provide general information on the relation between food, human health, and environmental
sustainability, in order to enable people to make more informed choices based on their own convictions, priorities, cultures, and beliefs.
The images and references used in this course are for illustrative purposes only.
This course should not be relied upon or used as a substitute for professional
medical or nutritional advice.