This course presents how children and youth can be impacted by climate change, how their resilience can be strengthened, and how they can act to address this challenge. It consists of a module divided into five sections and takes around 2 hours to complete.
The course at a glance
This specialized module has five sections:
- The Impact of Climate Change on Children
- Strengthening Children’s Resilience to Climate Change
- The Benefits of Climate Change Mitigation for Children
- Empowering Children to Act on Climate Change through Education
- A Climate Change Agenda for Children
What you will learn
Upon completion of this specialized module, you will be able to:
- Explain how climate change can affect children;
- Describe how measures to build climate resilience and mitigate climate change can benefit children;
- Illustrate key instruments and good practices for empowering children to act on climate change;
- Identify opportunities for protecting children’s rights in a changing climate.
A short quiz at the end allows you to test your knowledge. Once completed with at least 70% of correct answers, you will receive a certificate of completion. You have a maximum of three attempts.
This module is available as PDF and PowerPoint presentation for offline study or training purposes. The module also includes links to other UN resources on climate change, which provides a gateway to more in-depth and specific information.